The Chelsea Blow Dry
Richard Ward’s (creator of Tangle Angel) top tips.
A Chelsea Blow Dry is a perfect date night look! It’s soft and feminine and all about bounce and lashings of gloss, with lots of volume and movement through the ends. Products are important, but having hair that’s in good condition thanks to regular trims, as well as a decent hairdryer with a nozzle and real bristle round brush are essential to making it look fabulous!
Here’s how to get the look:
- Apply a golf-ball size amount of volumising mousse to damp hair and brush through for even distribution.
- Start rough drying hair in a controlled way, lifting and heating roots with your fingers – don’t shake the hairdryer about.
- Use a medium-size round bristle brush to blow dry the hair smooth, then section and roll up into large heated rollers.
- Allow the hair to cool for about 15 minutes and remove the rollers, raking through with fingers to break the curls up.
- To finish, run a lightweight serum through the mid-lengths and ends for extra shine.
- The Richard Ward Chelsea Anti-ageing Argan Elixir (£5.99, Waitrose.com)
Romantic Undone Waves inspired by Gigi Hadid
Richard says – Soft, undone waves are the ultimate date night look – they’re effortless and pretty while still looking stylish, and work well with practically any outfit!
To create gorgeous loose waves:
- Spritz damp hair with Richard Ward Chelsea London Anti-ageing 10-in-1 Styling Spritz for added body and shine, and blow-dry smooth using a medium-size round brush.
- Once hair is dry, start at cheekbone level and wind random-sized sections of hair away from the face around a medium-barrel tong; hold in place for a few seconds and release.
- Once finished tonging, rake your fingers through the waves to break them up for an undone, loose feel.
- Finish with a blast from the cool shot on your hairdryer to set the style in place, and lightly mist hair with Richard Ward
- Chelsea London Argan Hairspray for light hold.
- For a more textured, beachy look, once hair is dry spritz in L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves Texturizing Salt
- Spray and lightly scrunch in to the hair.’
- Shine Angel Brush (£15.95, tangleangel.com)
- Richard Ward Chelsea London 10-in-1 Styling Spritz (£5.99, waitrose.com)
- Richard Ward Chelsea London Argan Hairspray (£5.99, waitrose.com)
- L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves Texturizing Salt Spray (£14.99, lookfantastic.com)
Middle-Parted Milkmaid Braid, Inspired by Nicole Richie
Richard says – Braids are a huge trend and add a romantic, flirty twist to the most low-key of styles – they can also be a lifesaver if you just haven’t got time to wash and blow dry your hair!
- Prep damp hair with a spritz of Richard Ward Chelsea London Keratin Bulking Spritz for extra volume, and blow dry with fingers to encourage natural movement.
- Use fingers to create a rough centre parting and split the hair in two. On one side, take three sections from the front of the head at the hairline and begin French-braiding backwards towards the nape of the neck, adding pieces of hair to each section as you braid
- Repeat on the other side of the parting; where both braids meet at the back, combine into one plait and secure the ends with a clear elastic
- Roll the plait up and tuck under itself, securing in place with a pin
- Finish by massaging the braids lightly to release flyaways, and spritz with L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves for a slightly dishevelled look.
- Richard Ward Chelsea London Keratin Bulking Spritz (£5.99, waitrose.com)
- L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves Texturizing Salt Spray (£14.99, lookfantastic.com)
Want gorgeously healthy, shiny hair in 2019? Royal and celebrity hairdresser Richard Ward gives us his top New Year’s hair resolutions to make every day a good hair day! Continue reading “New Year, New Hair!”
- After a long day at work, hair often feels flat and lifeless. A simple, effective way to revive limp locks is with a generous spritz of dry shampoo into the roots – this creates instant volume, body and texture.
- A sleek ponytail is a fab way to look polished with minimal effort involved – all you need is a hairbrush and shine spray or serum. Brush hair back and gather into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Secure with an elastic and wrap a piece of hair around to hide it, securing with a hair grip; to finish, slick down any stray hairs or frizz with a spritz of shine spray or a pump of serum.
- Adding an accessory is a really easy, striking way to take your look from day to night. Alice bands, jewelled pins and brooches are all effective ways to transform a simple look into something party-ready.
- For loose waves in the evening, apply a leave-in conditioner or curl setting product to the lengths and ends of damp hair in the morning and sweep back into a low, loose bun. The product will help set the wave during the day; take the bun out after work and run your fingers through the curls for undone waves. Apply a little serum to tame any frizz.
- A super simple way to change up your look for the evening is to change your parting! If you usually wear it in the middle, flip it over to the side for instant lift and volume – set with a mist of hairspray to keep it in place.
- Clip-in hair pieces are amazing for making a statement with minimal effort! For a striking party look, part hair at the side and smooth into a ponytail at the side of the neck. Add a clip-in hair piece (we love Hair Rehab London’s The Wrap Ponytail) for a perfect night time style in under five minutes.
- Keep a Tangle Angel Baby key ring brush in your bag for on-the-go touch ups. It’s the perfect size to fit into a clutch or small handbag and will keep your hair looking fabulous during party season!
There is a Tangle Angel suitable for all hair types, the question is which Tangle Angel is the right one for you? All our hair brushes are professional detangling brushes heaven-sent to gently tease away tangled tresses with elegance and ease! Featuring the Tangle Angel Pro, Pro Compact, Metallix Collection, Xtreme and The Cherub. All gorgeous to look at and all have unique built-in technologies to keep hair smooth, silky, tangle-free and clean. We will take you through the key features of each brush to help your shopping experience that much easier.
Tangle Angel Pro
This is our newest brush, highly functional and it glides through knots with ease and increases smoothness, shine and manageability. The brushes are available in in two stunning NEW metallic colours: Rose Gold & titanium.
- With a longer handle than the original Tangle Angel, the Pro Detangling Brush can be held by the handle or around the wings for greater control and feel
- New scientifically developed blade-shaped bristles flex in opposing directions to gently separate hair strands and detangle knots with ease
- Revolutionary new anti-static earthing strip in the centre of the handle minimises static and reduces flyaway hair
- The only hairbrush in the world with antibacterial additives embedded in the bristles
- Now with 50% less bristles to reduce friction and snagging for quicker, more efficient detangling
- Water resistant and gentle enough to be used on wet or dry hair
- Heat resistant to 120 degrees, making it suitable for blow drying
Tangle Angel Pro Compact
Tangle Angel has also introduced the stunning Pro Compact Detangling Brush to its collection. Ideal for handbags, gym bags and on-the-go detangling, this beautiful mini-brush features a removable cover and mirror and shares all the same benefits as the Pro Detangling brush. The compact design is also excellent for children’s hair and is the perfect size for detangling little ones’ knotty locks
Tangle Angel Metallix Collection
This is the worlds go-to detangling brush, even #KimKardashianWest managed to get her hands on to our Precious Pink best selling brush. Featuring 8 different metallic colours this range is the perfect gift for a friend or for yourself, and an absolute must-have for any professional kit bag or dressing table.
- Antibacterial… Specially developed antibacterial additives embedded in the plastic make your Tangle Angel ultra-hygienic and safe to use.
- Anti-Static… Anti-static properties prevent flyaway hair leaving it smooth and silky.
- Heat Resistant… Retains its shape when used with high temperatures generated by hairdryers and prevents static and flyaway hairs.
- Contoured Base… Has a scientifically sculptured base that positions the bristles at different heights, allowing the brush to glide through knots and tangles.
- Ergonomic Shape… It’s beautiful, yet innovative winged design is fantastic for everyday use held with the handle, or for greater control and manageability, held around the wings.
Tangle Angel Xtreme
Tangle Angel Xtreme uses the same technology as Tangle Angel. It’s longer, denser bristles and extra-large head makes it ideal for tackling mega tangles and hair extensions. The lengthened handle also makes it perfect for brushing longer hair.
- Mega Tangles
- Hair extensions – Our hair extension experts have tested it extensively in the salon and it’s perfect for hair extensions, artificial hair and wefts & weaves
- Long Hair
- Wet/dry hair
- Blow drying
Tangle Angel Cherub
Tangle Cherub: a miniature, handbag friendly version of its sister brush, heaven sent to gently tease away tangled tresses with elegance and ease. Just like the Tangle Angel, the Tangle Cherub features a range of technologies and benefits to keep hair smooth, silky, tangle-free and clean. Compact – our handbag sized Tangle Angel is perfect for children, travelling, sports kits or detangling on the go.
- Anti-static – anti-static properties prevent flyaway hair leaving it smooth and silky.
- Heat Resistant – retains its shape when used with high temperatures generated by hairdryers and prevents static and flyaway hairs.
- Antibacterial – Specially developed Antibacterial additives embedded in the plastic make your Tangle Cherub ultra-hygienic and safe to use.
- Ergonomic shape – beautiful, yet innovative winged design is fantastic for everyday use held with the handle, or for greater control and manageability, held around the wings.
- Contoured base – has a scientifically sculptured base that positions the bristles at different heights, allowing the brush to glide through knots and tangles—pain free.
- An angel for all – for all hair types. Suitable for fine, curly, coarse and Afro Caribbean hair. Tangle Cherub even works on extensions and is perfect for children’s hair.
Don’t forget to add to cart! 😊
Halloween is almost here! You’ve decided on your costume, but have you thought about your hairstyle? Follow these simple steps to recreate two of our favourite spooky Halloween hairstyles at home.
Wednesday Addams plaits
- Smooth, sleek hair is key to this look – brush hair through with a Tangle Angel Pro to remove any knots or tangles.
- Apply a couple of pumps of a lightweight serum – like Richard Ward Chelsea London Argan Elixir – to the lengths and ends of your hair to smooth down any flyaways and add shine.
- Create a sharp centre parting in your hair and split into two sections on either side of your head.
- Start plaiting your hair from mid-way down, just below your ears.
- Plait to the ends of the hair and secure it in place with a clear elastic.
Tip: use clip in extensions for added length.
Slicked back / wet-look hair – perfect for vampires or dramatic face makeup
- Brush through hair with a Tangle Angel Pro to remove any knots or tangles.
- Take sections on top of your hair and lightly backcomb them to create some volume. Spritz in some hairspray like Richard Ward Chelsea London for extra hold.
- Lightly brush over the backcombed sections to smooth them over.
- Using a wet-look gel with hold, like L’Oreal Professionnel Extreme Splash, apply generously all over your hands and rake your hair back.
- Use your hairdryer on a low setting to encourage the gel to set into shape.
- Avoid putting any gel on the ends of the hair – keep it to the top of the head only.
Tip: Before applying the wet-look gel, blow-dry your hair backwards and away from your face to encourage roots to sit back from the face.