The ‘Can I speak to the Momager please?’ Haircut
Everybody’s favourite reality star mum, Kris Jenner, rose to fame in Keeping up with the Kardashians. Kris is manager to all 5 of her daughters, one son and a grandmother to 9 – soon to be 10 – grandkids. Celebrating her 12th year in showbusiness, Kris has never changed her hairstyle; her haircut screams #BOSSLADY and that she most certainly is! Shorter styles mean business and power – it’s a tricky look to pull off and only a woman with confidence will go for this haircut. GO KRIS JENNER!
Business woman, mum, fashionista and international superstar.
What a role model Beyonce is and an inspiration to the black female community as well as women overall. Beyonce is a total chameleon when it comes to her hair throughout her career. She’s always explored different styles, isn’t afraid to be experimental and has even championed her own natural afro which is our favourite look of hers at Tangle Angel as we are all about embracing your natural hair and looking after it.
Lady Gaga hit the true heights of stardom in her most recent project, ‘A Star is Born’, receiving 14 nominations and becoming the first person to win an Oscar, Grammy, Bafta and Golden Globe in ONE year! In her early career, Gaga was constantly put down because she didn’t have the ‘typical’ superstar look – well look at her now. She’s always been super creative when it comes to fashion and hair and is willing to try anything and everything to stand out from the crowd. Because of this she has a massive following, especially with the LGBTQ+ community, and is known for her exaggerated and eccentric looks. In A Star is Born, Gaga is completely stripped of all of this and shows the world her natural self which we LOVE and think she should totally embrace from now on.
The Chelsea Blow Dry
Richard Ward’s (creator of Tangle Angel) top tips.
A Chelsea Blow Dry is a perfect date night look! It’s soft and feminine and all about bounce and lashings of gloss, with lots of volume and movement through the ends. Products are important, but having hair that’s in good condition thanks to regular trims, as well as a decent hairdryer with a nozzle and real bristle round brush are essential to making it look fabulous!
Here’s how to get the look:
- Apply a golf-ball size amount of volumising mousse to damp hair and brush through for even distribution.
- Start rough drying hair in a controlled way, lifting and heating roots with your fingers – don’t shake the hairdryer about.
- Use a medium-size round bristle brush to blow dry the hair smooth, then section and roll up into large heated rollers.
- Allow the hair to cool for about 15 minutes and remove the rollers, raking through with fingers to break the curls up.
- To finish, run a lightweight serum through the mid-lengths and ends for extra shine.
- The Richard Ward Chelsea Anti-ageing Argan Elixir (£5.99, Waitrose.com)
Romantic Undone Waves inspired by Gigi Hadid
Richard says – Soft, undone waves are the ultimate date night look – they’re effortless and pretty while still looking stylish, and work well with practically any outfit!
To create gorgeous loose waves:
- Spritz damp hair with Richard Ward Chelsea London Anti-ageing 10-in-1 Styling Spritz for added body and shine, and blow-dry smooth using a medium-size round brush.
- Once hair is dry, start at cheekbone level and wind random-sized sections of hair away from the face around a medium-barrel tong; hold in place for a few seconds and release.
- Once finished tonging, rake your fingers through the waves to break them up for an undone, loose feel.
- Finish with a blast from the cool shot on your hairdryer to set the style in place, and lightly mist hair with Richard Ward
- Chelsea London Argan Hairspray for light hold.
- For a more textured, beachy look, once hair is dry spritz in L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves Texturizing Salt
- Spray and lightly scrunch in to the hair.’
- Shine Angel Brush (£15.95, tangleangel.com)
- Richard Ward Chelsea London 10-in-1 Styling Spritz (£5.99, waitrose.com)
- Richard Ward Chelsea London Argan Hairspray (£5.99, waitrose.com)
- L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves Texturizing Salt Spray (£14.99, lookfantastic.com)
Middle-Parted Milkmaid Braid, Inspired by Nicole Richie
Richard says – Braids are a huge trend and add a romantic, flirty twist to the most low-key of styles – they can also be a lifesaver if you just haven’t got time to wash and blow dry your hair!
- Prep damp hair with a spritz of Richard Ward Chelsea London Keratin Bulking Spritz for extra volume, and blow dry with fingers to encourage natural movement.
- Use fingers to create a rough centre parting and split the hair in two. On one side, take three sections from the front of the head at the hairline and begin French-braiding backwards towards the nape of the neck, adding pieces of hair to each section as you braid
- Repeat on the other side of the parting; where both braids meet at the back, combine into one plait and secure the ends with a clear elastic
- Roll the plait up and tuck under itself, securing in place with a pin
- Finish by massaging the braids lightly to release flyaways, and spritz with L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves for a slightly dishevelled look.
- Richard Ward Chelsea London Keratin Bulking Spritz (£5.99, waitrose.com)
- L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Beach Waves Texturizing Salt Spray (£14.99, lookfantastic.com)
Halloween is almost here! You’ve decided on your costume, but have you thought about your hairstyle? Follow these simple steps to recreate two of our favourite spooky Halloween hairstyles at home.
Wednesday Addams plaits
- Smooth, sleek hair is key to this look – brush hair through with a Tangle Angel Pro to remove any knots or tangles.
- Apply a couple of pumps of a lightweight serum – like Richard Ward Chelsea London Argan Elixir – to the lengths and ends of your hair to smooth down any flyaways and add shine.
- Create a sharp centre parting in your hair and split into two sections on either side of your head.
- Start plaiting your hair from mid-way down, just below your ears.
- Plait to the ends of the hair and secure it in place with a clear elastic.
Tip: use clip in extensions for added length.
Slicked back / wet-look hair – perfect for vampires or dramatic face makeup
- Brush through hair with a Tangle Angel Pro to remove any knots or tangles.
- Take sections on top of your hair and lightly backcomb them to create some volume. Spritz in some hairspray like Richard Ward Chelsea London for extra hold.
- Lightly brush over the backcombed sections to smooth them over.
- Using a wet-look gel with hold, like L’Oreal Professionnel Extreme Splash, apply generously all over your hands and rake your hair back.
- Use your hairdryer on a low setting to encourage the gel to set into shape.
- Avoid putting any gel on the ends of the hair – keep it to the top of the head only.
Tip: Before applying the wet-look gel, blow-dry your hair backwards and away from your face to encourage roots to sit back from the face.
Is all about making good impressions and what’s more important than having #slaying hair? These easy breezy looks will make you feel fabulous this autumn.
Freshers week is approaching and you’re already thinking about what to wear and how you’re going to style your hair, but you also want it looking presentable for your lectures. The key here is PREP and working with what you’ve got to go from day to night.
Middle Party Pony
This style is. Start by creating a centre parting and use a Shine Angel in XS (£13.95) to smooth the front and sides towards the nape of your neck. The boar bristles in the brush will help knock out any static hairs and give you a sleek and shiny finish.
Before tying your hair into place (use a hair tie that matches your hair colour) smooth the sides with product like Richard Ward Chelsea London Keratin Smoothing Mist (£5.99). It’s ultra-light, conditioning and will create dazzling mirror like shine.
Finish by tying your hair in place – you’re ready to go out and flaunt your new look!
Braids to Waves
Creating waves with a curling tong can be time consuming and that’s something you want to eliminate in your first few weeks of university as they tend to be your busiest. Follow our four simple steps to give you the ‘Super woman’ of all hair styles for the day and sexy wavy hair for a night of partying.
Start by combing out your tangles using a Tangle Angel Pro (£19.50). Divide your hair into two sections right down the centre of your head. Give your hair some texture with a sprinkle of L’Oreal Professionnel Super Dust to give your hair more grip.
Take a piece of hair around 3-4 inches from just above your forehead and divide this into 3 equal sections. Create a standard 3 strand plait, weaving left over middle, right over middle. From this point all you need to do is take up more hair from the surrounding area as you go along.
Once you’ve got to the top of your neck, finish up with a simple plait until you reach the ends of your hair. Secure it with a hair tie and repeat on the other side.
Keeping this style in all day will help create a wave in your hair. At the end of the day, take out your braids and comb through with your fingers to break it up. Apply 1-2 pumps of serum like Richard Ward Chelsea London Argan Elixir (£5.99) through mid-lengths and ends to tame fly-aways and de-frizz.
Sleek Bubble Pony Tail
Bored of the way you typically pull your hair into a standard pony?
#queenofponytails is a sleek bubble pony tail. This looks harder than it is, but we promise the easiest way to execute it is by following our simple step by step!
To recreate this cool take on a classic pony, slick your hair up with a Tangle Angel Pro (£19.99) smoothing it to the crown of your head securing it with an elastic band. Back comb the pony for extra volume (you can go as big and messy as you like!). Section of 2 inches with clear elastics all the way down the pony tail. To create volume gently pouf out each section to create bubbles of your desired size. Finish with a mist of hairspray such as Richard Ward Anti-Ageing Argan hairspray (£5.99) for invisible, flexible hold.
Flower Crown Up-Do
Go boho with a gorgeous flower crown! This pairs beautifully with a messy low bun for the ultimate chic hairstyle.
Start by applying a holding product – like Richard Ward Chelsea London Anti-Ageing Argan Mousse (£5.99) – into the hair whilst damp and blow dry with a Shine Angel (£17.95) for added shine, bounce and movement. Once dry, position your hair into a centre parting, tie back into a low bun at the nape of the neck and pull out strands around the face. Finish by positioning your flower crown and secure in place with pins.
Face Framing Waves
Accentuate your face with glossy, Hollywood-inspired waves that suit absolutely everyone! If mastering these perfectly loose curls sounds slightly daunting, rest assured – our oh-so-simple step by step will help you achieve this gorgeous, low–maintenance look.
Using a large hair tong (we love the Diva Pro Digital Wand 19-32mm £49.99) take 1-inch sections and start curling from half way down your hair. Twirl the iron away from your face and hold the hair in place for ten seconds. Once all the hair has been curled, allow to cool and brush through lightly with a Tangle Angel. To Finish, mist with a light hold hairspray like Richard Ward Chelsea London Argan hairspray (£5.99).